Gateway Solo 2500 and 2550 battery compatibility
Salvador Freemanson
2003-11-27 14:15:59 UTC
The battery on my Gateway Solo 2550 has finally given up the ghost.
For a while it has had a reduced capacity, but now it is definitely
gone.

I've checked on the Gateway US website. There is no mention of a
battery for the 2550. But they do offer a battery for the 2500 for
only $99, which is a very good price.

I asked Gateway, but they don't even want to answer such a basic
question simply because I am not in the USA.

Anyone know whether the battery for the 2500 is compatible with the
2550 ? Or maybe any battery from another laptop, e.g. a Compaq ?
Whelan
2003-11-29 01:15:12 UTC
I don't Know the answer, but I have a Gateway Solo 2500.
If you have any specific questions about it or need details, size, etc, I
will take a close look at my battery for you.
Nan
PS: I don't see how to respond to you directly.
Salvador Freemanson
2003-11-29 09:29:09 UTC
Post by Whelan
[...]
Thanks.

A response here is fine. I had to close down a previous e-mail account
because I was getting so much spam I couldn't see the ocassional real
messages.

I am a bit puzzled though. I sent another e-mail to Gateway and
managed to get an answer (from a different customer service operative
this time). The answer was that the batteries are in fact compatible.

However, I have had a look at web sites selling laptop batteries. I
found one that features batteries for both the 2500 and the 2550 (I
didn't take a note of the site) but the part number and the price was
different. One was $289 the other was $259. I've just had a look at
the ebatts site now before posting and find that they are offering the
same battery for both models and the price is now $190.

Puzzling to say the least. I'll go for the Gateway battery. Gateway
refuse to ship outside the US, so I'll have to get a friend to buy it
for me though.